Resolution: Finishing up projects.
We are procrastinators when it comes to completing home projects. So for September's resolution, we decided to make we checked a few projects off our to-do lists.
Now, for our favorite part of the resolution - the check-in to see how we've done:
1. Finish the hand painted tree on the (baby changing) dresser. Check! You can see the before and afters here. It's my fave trash to treasure project I've done so far! It turned out better than I could've ever imagined:
|I'm so happy with how it looks!|
2. Finish wall art projects for our daughter J's big girl bedroom. The embroidery hoops and bulletin board have been completed. These were my favorite projects this month...and I think they look great! I can't wait to share pics of them with you soon!
|I loved the fabric I found at Hobby Lobby!|
Now, for the fails. I ran out of time to paint the mirror frames. Boo.
And I didn't paint the IKEA spice racks - that we were going to use as bookshelves - because they just aren't going to fit in her room. This project has now moved to our son B's big boy room project list. And that is one of the next rooms to finish in our house!
3. Hang up all of the wall art in her bedroom. Okay, I failed a little here too because we haven't hung anything up. But I do have everything mapped out where it will go. And that's huge since I'm indecisive with these things. (So I'm counting this as more of a success than a fail. ;) Everything we be hung up in the next 2 weeks!
1. Ok, so my entry way is in the works. I have a new rug and the frames ready to go, but our hammer broke while hanging a frame...so it is a to be continued project for tomorrow night. Lowe's date night for new tools! ;)
2. Instead of painting the entry, we finished the kids' bathroom. We did some art work, got a new faucet installed, and will put up the new towel holder (which I love!) once we have a hammer. ;) I'm so glad this room is finally done.
We know we didn't finish every project on the list, but putting this on the blog sure motivated us to get at least some of them done. We did not want to come back in a month and say we didn't even finish one project! It made us go to Hobby Lobby (our fave craft store), get our supplies, and actually sit down and do the projects.
For us, it wasn't that we didn't want to do the projects; it was just carving out the time to do them. We're so glad we did! It feels great to check some things off the to-do list and make our house feel more like a home!
How did you do with your resolution this month?
Are you new here? Welcome! Every first of the month, we "start fresh" with a new resolution
to better ourselves as wives, mothers, and women or to make our houses into homes.