As soon as I saw this Halloween Candy Bark on the front cover of Kroger's My Magazine, I knew we had to make it. It just looks so silly and fun for little ones!
So the kids and I dubbed it "Monster Bark" and had a blast making it together this Halloween!
Monster Bark (Halloween Candy Bark)
(Original recipe by Kroger)
Chocolate candy coating (near the chocolate chips in the baking aisle)
Halloween candy of your choice, such as:
Whatever you'd like!
1. Melt the chocolate in a covered saucepan on the lowest setting on your stove top. Stir with a spatula and watch carefully. Be patient! Do not overheat or the chocolate will caramelize.
2. Place parchment paper at the bottom of a 9x13.
3. When chocolate is melted, pour onto the parchment paper. Spread chocolate evenly (being careful not to make it too thin).
4. Decorate with Halloween candy while the chocolate is still warm.
5. Refrigerate until hardened. Cut and serve!
It took 20 minutes for 1/2 lb. of chocolate to melt on our stove.
In the magazine article, Kroger suggested putting the pieces in pudding cups. It would look so cute in dirt pudding!
We absolutely loved making and eating this sweet and silly dessert! So if you want a fun and cute treat to make with your kids this Halloween, you should definitely make this Monster Bark!
This post was NOT sponsored by Kroger - I just love their magazine and shopping there for our groceries!