Tis the season for baking, desserts, and...cranberries!
When I saw this 6 ingredient, made-from-scratch cake, I knew that I had to try it. It is so simple to make and the end result is the perfect combination of sweet and tart.
This post contains affiliate links where we may make a small commission if you make a purchase after clicking on our link. See our disclosure for more information.
Christmas Cranberry Cake
(Original recipe from Barefeet In The Kitchen)
2 cups sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
3/4 cup butter, softened
2 cups all purpose flour (or 100% whole wheat pastry flour - Bob's Red Mill is my favorite)
12 oz. fresh cranberries
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 9x13 baking dish with butter.
2. Beat eggs and sugar for 5-7 minutes on low. Mixture will thicken slightly and close to double in size.
3. Add butter and vanilla; beat for 2 minutes. Add flour and mix until just combined. Stir in cranberries.
4. Place batter evenly into greased 9x13 baking dish. Bake for 40-50 minutes until edges are golden brown and an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
5. Cool completely before cutting and serving. Store at room temperature in an airtight container.
Note: If you want to be able to make this amazing cake throughout the year, buy several bags during the holiday season and freeze them.
I made this especially for my husband because he loves cranberries so much. Well, he took one bite and wanted to eat the whole cake. I'll admit that the kids and I felt the same way! I'll definitely be taking this to our family's Thanksgiving...and probably Christmas too.
It's the perfect holiday treat - sweet, simple, and everyone loves it! Happy baking and Happy Thanksgiving!
And now for a Christmas gift for my subscribers!
These Christmas beauties are going out to email subscribers on Thursday morning, December 22, 2016!
Email subscribers will receive a Buffalo Plaid Merry Christmas printable (8x10 and 5x7) and a Red Buffalo Plaid Reindeer printable (8x10 and 5x7).
Subscribers will receive hand-lettered Merry & Bright, Joy to the World, and Merry Christmas gift tags - all 3 come in solid black, red buffalo plaid, and green buffalo plaid (business card size - 3.5x2).
Sign up for my newsletter to get these Christmas printables and gift tags this month! As a subscriber you'll get exclusive blog updates and Sweet Little Ones Shop discounts and freebies one to two times every month!
I'm linking up with these awesome parties!