1. Coloring Eggs - last year we used Kool Aid, and it was so much easier! The colors were very bright and the eggs turned out beautiful! :)
2. Drapanki Eggs - this is the Polish way to carve eggs that have been hard boiled in red onion peels. I wrote about how to do it here.
3. Easter Egg Hunt - last year, Easter was the same weekend as Abby's birthday. I ended up having her party combined with the cousin egg hunt :) Our kids are obsessed with Annie's bunny crackers, so I put those in the eggs, threw them around the yard, and we watched the kids have a blast! :)
4. Butter Lamb - I love making these! If you live close to a Polish neighborhood, you can buy pre-made butter lambs or molds to make them. We don't have anything nearby, so I mold mine with my hands. It takes about 4 sticks of butter - 2 sticks to make the body, 1 stick for the legs and head, and 1 stick that I freeze and then grate to make the wool. I use peppercorn for the eyes, and a piece of parsley to go in his mouth. Love this little lamb :)
|The butter lamb all ready for our Polish Easter Basket Blessing at church|
5. Easter Basket Ideas - I typically stock up after summer on clearance outdoor items and use those for their Easter baskets. Here are some ideas for toddlers (see full post from last year here):
Hope everyone has a great weekend! We'll be back next Tuesday for the Tuesday Talk link up - it goes live at 8am EST! :) We'd love to have you join us!