Half of it is because I'm starting off with a clean slate with the New Year. And the other half is because we may be adopting twins soon. And we need to get a lot done ASAP!
But so far I am feeling pretty good at what we have been getting done around here:
1. My 2015 Goals: I've been working hard at getting out all the thank you notes for Christmas and our son's birthday. I haven't been doing the best with putting down my phone, but I'm working on it. Letting go has actually been easier than I thought in some areas and harder in others. I'm definitely doing better. And about my prayer life...
|#projectblessed by Blessed Is She|
2. Prayer and #ProjectBlessed: What has helped me the most in improving my prayer life is Blessed Is She. I'm reading the daily devotional emails and reflecting on them. I've also been following and participating in their #projectblessed photo a day challenge on Instagram. All of the prompts have really helped me to reflect on the joy and beauty in my life, and everyone's pics are so inspiring and have helped to lead me in prayer everyday...
|#projectblessed: Day 10 - I Believe|
You should check out Blessed is She! I know they will bless you too. :)
3. Finished up celebrating Christmas. The 3 Wisemen finally made it to the Nativity scene on January 6th! So once the Epiphany was over, we packed up all of the Christmas decor. This is probably the earliest I've ever put it away. Most of the time, our Christmas decorations make it til February. And I'm not ashamed of it one bit. I just love it so much - I hate to put it away! How about you?
|"And behold, the star that they had seen at its rising preceded them, until it came and stopped over the place where the child was." Mt 2:9|
4. Freezer Meals: I've been making 3-5 a week for the past few weeks. I'm stocking up for the potential upcoming adoption. I'm also thinking about gathering recipes and ideas for another post on this. (Here's our first one.) Do you make freezer meals? What are your fave recipes? Please share!
5. Organizing and getting the house around. I wrote about the start of our home organization projects last week: the storage rooms, playroom, and kids' bedrooms. They aren't finished, but they're looking great. Next rooms on the list: the laundry room, craft area, and the 2 upstairs bathrooms.
|The kids' playroom - it's mostly organized now!|
If I haven't said it enough already...I'm feeling awesome at my/our progress!...on myself, our family, and the house. Nothing like checking stuff off your to do list! So what have you been up to lately?
Ok, before we get to the party...
We want to say a big THANK YOU! to everyone who linked up with us for our first Tuesday Talk link up last week! You all had some seriously amazing posts. So all of us co-hosts decided to make a Pinterest board where we can feature our favorites every week!
Make sure you follow along with our Tuesday Talk Features board to see some awesome posts you'll definitely want to pin!
Follow Sweet Little Ones's board Tuesday Talk Features on Pinterest.
And congratulations to Cheryl from Homespun Devotions - she was the winner of the year subscription to Better Homes and Gardens from our giveaway last Tuesday!
Now, on to the party!
Please remember to link back to one of the hosts anywhere in your post. Then, more people can join in on the fun! Here's the button:
Meet the Tuesday Talk Hosts:
Jessica & Katie (us!) - Sweet Little Ones
Elizabeth - All Kinds of Things
Becky - BYBMG
Sarah - Abiding in Grace
Lauren - Simply Free
Mandy - Almond Place
Tara - Mrs. Coach Sims
Teressa - Teressa Jane
Andrea - Mitchael Journey
Chelsea - The Contented Wife
Beth - Our Pretty Little Girls
Keri - Living In This Season
We love reading and responding to your comments, but we have a hard time if you're a "no reply comment blogger". Don't know if you are? Well, Katie wrote a post about it and how to fix the problem here. It's a really easy and quick fix and very helpful to anyone who wants to reply to your comments on any blog. Thank you!