|Yay! Fall is almost here!|
It's still awfully hot and humid here in the Midwest, but it's hard not to start feeling like fall once September rolls around. Fall is my favorite time of year (even though it means winter will shortly follow!). The cooler air, fleece jackets and jeans, leaf piles and corn mazes - what's not to love?!
My Top 5 Fall Favorites:
1. Festivals. There are so many festivals around here. Corn mazes, hay rides, bonfires, farm animals, hay mountains, pumpkin patches...it's so much fun! I can't wait to take the family to more festivals this year!
|Learning how to milk a cow at the dairy festival|
2. Cardigans and scarves. I don't know what else to say. I love cardigans and scarves. I think I own one of each in every color, pattern, and style! (Just ask Katie; it's true!)
3. Football. Shocking, I know, if you've read this post recently. ;) College football or professional - we love it all. Starting in the fall, every week from Thursday night til Monday night is booked til January in this house. ;)
And we've already had so much fun this football season, and we're only one game in! This past weekend, we took the kids up for our annual Notre Dame gameday game watch on campus. And let me tell you, the luck of the Irish was with us...
We were given 4 tickets to the game from a friend, the kids were spectacular (without naps!), and it was supposed to thunderstorm, but it only rained for 5 minutes. Oh yeah, and Notre Dame won! It was such a special day and an awesome first game for the kids!
4. Projects. Once it starts to cool down, I get back in the mood to work on some DIY projects. Basically, the humidity goes down so I can actually paint! I have several things in the works (including finishing the makeover to this bad boy pictured below), and I'm looking forward to sharing them on the blog over the next month.
|Can't wait to show you the "after" pics soon!|
Edit 9/8/14: It's finally finished! You can see the "After" here!
5. Holidays. I love to decorate for the holidays, and the fall kicks off the first holiday of many...and my favorite one: Halloween. I love dressing up the kids for trick-or-treating. Last year, they were Hobbits. (Curly haired kids + LOTR fans for parents = perfect Hobbit children. ;) I even made them hairy feet. ;) I haven't figured out yet what they're going to be this year, but I've been scanning Pinterest for ideas. It'll be hard to top last year!
|Our little Hobbits :)|
Looking through all these pictures from last fall makes me realize how much the kids have grown! They are going to have so much fun this year playing in the leaves, trick-or-treating, and going to festivals. I'm so excited for all of the fun memories we're going to make this year!
So what do you love most about the fall? What are your plans?
Happy September, everyone!
|I couldn't resist throwing another cute baby pic in there ;)|