Oh, fourth trimester, you are not fun. Tim is now three months old (seriously?!) and I am not loving how big my pooch is still. With Abby, I feel like I lost the weight so much faster...this time around, not so much. It's discouraging looking at your closet and feeling like you have nothing to wear. Either my pants don't fit my hip area anymore, or my shirts aren't nursing friendly. And, my brother is getting married Saturday (SO exciting!!), and that shopping experience about sent me over the edge...
So, I packed up my clothes that aren't working for this season of life I'm in. I either donated things to my little sisters or Goodwill, or if it's something I really loved, I stored it for later. I'm hoping by surrounding myself with things I can wear and feel good in, I will start to feel better about my body.
Here is my list of items that I'm loving for my postpartum body (and that are nursing friendly!!):
1. Leggings - not only are they comfy, but they are perfect for fall weather! Paired with a tunic, these are now my go to. I recently purchased some Lauren Conrad ones from Kohl's, and I'm loving them!
2. Button Down Shirts/Cardigans - hooray for something that's nursing friendly that isn't expensive! Seriously, why are nursing tops ridiculously over priced?! Anyway, I love cardigans. :) Jess and I hit the mother load last winter at a Loft Outlet - all the cardigans were about $4! I also like button down tops (like the ones pictured) because they can be casual enough to wear around the house, or you can dress them up for work or church.
3. Maxi Skirts - or basically any skirt that has an elastic waistband. At first, I thought they looked frumpy, but it's all in how you feel and style it! I wear mine all the time with cardigans and fun necklaces or scarves to jazz it up a bit!
4. Loose Tops - I've been purchasing more blouses, which is not my typical style. I just love how they are breezy and very forgiving around the midsection. I just wear a nursing cami underneath, and I'm good to go!
5. Blanqi Body Styler - this to me is a must have for any pregnant person or after pregnancy. It helps so much with back support during pregnancy, and it keeps up your pre-prego pants up. I worked up to three days before Tim was born, and I was able to wear my scrub pants the entire pregnancy with the help of my Blanqi. It's really breathable too, so it doesn't feel like you're wearing another layer under your clothes. After pregnancy, I still wear mine under some shirts (if I don't have a nursing cami on), so I can easily feed Tim and not have my skin showing while I nurse. I have the Bumped under the bust design, and absolutely recommend it! :) They are currently on clearance at Target too ... I bought some more for my next pregnancy already!
What are your favorite ways to dress or style your postpartum body? I'd love any more suggestions!