My daughter is 3 and still in a crib. Hey, she's never tried to get out, so I thought why not keep her in it so she stays contained, right?
But now that we're officially waiting for Baby #3, it's time for J to move into a twin bed. And I'm so excited to start decorating on a big girl room for her! I want to make it fun and girly without being too babyish or over the top. The goal is to make this bedroom a room that will grow with her.
So here's the plan (and a question or two for you!):
1. My little girl's bedroom decor theme and color scheme: I found these beautiful quilts at Target. They're bright and fun and perfect for a little (or big) girl. Plus, I love paisley.
2. My uncle was kind enough to give us their old matching twin beds that can be bunked. They're very nice, and you gotta love free.
3. I found this lady who does wonderful work painting and re-imagining vintage items. I got this darling shelf and chalkboard from her for J's room:
4. I love simple and beautiful DIY projects. This is what I have planned for J's room so far:
I'd like to hang some fabric in embroidery hoops, like these I've seen on Pinterest:
I'm going to turn these IKEA spice racks into bookshelves, like this:
5. Ok, on this last one, I need some help! What color of sheets should I go with?
The room is a soft yellow as seen in all of the above pics (that I've taken). (It's Behr's Cornsilk, which definitely looks more yellow in the room than what is pictured on their site). The room will be set up with a bed on each side of a large window in the center of the main wall. So drapes will be up against the beds. And for curtains, I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet. I've been tossing around the idea of white curtains and adding a detail, like pink trim vertically. (Any thoughts or ideas on this too? For instance, am I crazy for going with white in a kids' room?!)
So back to the original question: which sheets would be your choice?
|Or should I go with something completely different?|
I'm so excited to see how everything is starting to come together now! I can't wait to see it all in place!
How did you decorate your kid's bedrooms? Any awesome Pinterest boards I should follow? I'm always looking for new ideas...and our son's bedroom is next!