August 1st is my 29th birthday! I'm planning on relaxing with the kids during the day - maybe heading to the splash pad if the weather cooperates. And for the rest of the evening, I have high hopes of enjoying Mexican food deliciousness, ice cream, and whatever kind of chocolate John brings home. Birthdays are awesome :)
For my last birthday, we saved up all of our Visa points and got a Dyson vacuum ... because nothing says young and wild like a new vacuum! ;) I had wanted it forever, and I absolutely love it. But this year, I thought it would be more fun to pick out some different items from either bloggers or Etsy stores I love. Here's what I came up with:
1. I desperately need some new home decor, especially in our master bedroom. I found this print from Naptime Diaries shop, and I think it would look beautiful on our wall! :)
2. From the same shop and as a collaboration with She Does Justice, this Speak Life shirt is great. I love the meaning behind this shirt, plus it looks super comfy for a mom on the go!
3. Last winter I purchased a Happy Mommy box subscription. In one of my boxes, I received a pretty little necklace from All My Heart Shop. I have gotten so many compliments on my necklace, and after looking through her store, found about ten more items I'd like! Unfortunately, her store is closed until November (she's moving to Japan), so maybe this hand stamped necklace could be a Christmas gift? :)
4. My favorite season is upon us - Football season! I want to step outside my jersey/tshirt comfort zone and get some more girl accessories that sport my favorite teams. A Notre Dame inspired scarf would be perfect!
5. So I'm trying to be better about reading more. I'm always looking for suggestions, and recently saw this book by Annie Downs being promoted by several different bloggers I follow. It sounds like a good read! Any good summer reads on your list?
I'm off to enjoy my last day being 28! Here's to the upcoming year, and my last one in my twenties (yikes!)!!